Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Contact

While there are many movies that have enjoyed watching, few stand apart from the rest. One particular film that I saw this past summer was Contact. Jodie Fosters stars as an Astronomer who has a keen aspiration for exploring extra-terrestial life. She is researching and observing at a satelite observatory in the middle of the Arizona desert when she encounters a strange phenomena. Similiar to the "Wow Signal" in 1976, she observed a unique message being relayed from outerspace. The message was sent from somewhere near the Vega star, and was the initial contact with this extra-terrestial race. The entirety of the film is discovering why the alien race made contact with humans, and eventually leads to the first human contact with an alien race. While the film doesn't have the greatest cinematics or acting, Its concepts and the story behind the movie are very unique.

A few weeks ago I was scavenging the T.V. guide for something to watch. I ended up watching the Godfather part II, and was reminded of the greatness of the series. When I had first decided to watch part I, it was my Dad that encouraged me to pick it out from Blockbuster. I finished part I, and wasn't content until I had watched the next two parts. It's disappointing that this year our class won't be studying these films.

No comments:

Post a Comment